What are the Merits and Demerits of Agile Software Development?
When you start to work on a software development project, you will experience the need for development methodology which has a significant impact to offer speed and quality of the code. Agile refers to something which does the process quickly and starts to work as soon as developer completes coding. With Agile, quality of work is emphasized and will avoid the defect coming from the user. Since the use of Agile methodology is high that you will have to determine what are the merits and demerits and whether it is the best fit for your project deliverables.
Merits of Agile
- The Agile Methodology uses less documentation which is a prior advantage and saves a lot of time and money. Hence, the document is very crisp and saves time to an extent.
- The need for a change or modification of the date of development phase can implement without worry about the budget constraints.
- Determining the issues are possible well in advance and therefore, it is easy to do the changes as and when by starting with the daily discussions.
- It lands great satisfaction to the customers and users as you deliver value to them continuously with the help of the software.
- The Agile help you to keep good design which is simple and provide technical excellence by making use of best techniques and nothing else.
Demerits of Agile
- It lacks emphasis on the design and documentation of the software development. Moreover, paying less emphasis on designing/ documentation does not make much sense sometimes.
- Agile does not offer much scope to the newbie programmers unless there is an intervention of experienced staff to look after.
- When there is a case of a complex project and some provoking to high deliverables, it will cause difficulty in accessing requirement of efforts at the beginning of software development phase.
- It demands active user’s involvement and close collaboration to implement throughout the development life cycle. The principle of Agile application user representative time and ask for real time commitment for the complete project duration.
Hope you now understand the merits and demerits of Agile. Get Agile certification training by Synergy. It is for the leaders and coaches whom all wants to expand their knowledge and build the ability to excel in the subject to provide training.