10 Microsoft Word & Excel Skills You Must Have To Succeed at office
Undoubtedly, MS Office suit one of the most popular Office applications used in the market. Although every one of us are using these tools, but still many of us are unaware of some of the excellent features. Below are 10 amazing People Skills for MS Office you must have:
- Rid-off unwanted formatting in Word- Click the desired sentence and select the specific section of text needed to be formatted, now press CTRL+SPACE. This can be customized to remove unwanted formatting from the content.
- Paste Options in Word– You can disable the automatic change in format facility by selecting the “Office” button followed by the Word options. The “Advance” sections deals with more Cut, Copy and Paste options.
- Quickly format text using SHIFT+F3- This option lets you toggle text formatting between small and large caps.
- Justify text quickly in Word- This is one of the most powerful feature among People Skills for MS Office. You can easily spaces between words to perfectly align the Left and Right margins of the document giving the document a professional look.
- Compare Two Documents in Word- The ‘Compare’ option from ‘Review’ is an amazing people’s skills for MS Office that lets you easily open and compare two documents in Word.
- Pivot Tables- Summarize a large amount of excel data using Pivot Table from a large database through pivot tables.
- Basic Math- Excel uses basic math functions to manipulate numbers and for simple calculations through the Formula Bar.
- Report Filter- This filters data and allows a user to show only certain rows from the database.
- Remove Duplicates- The ‘Remove Duplicate’ from the data tab allows you to remove duplicate values from a large database.
- Text to Columns- If you need to separate a text from one column, Excel can do this through two methods- Delimited and Fixed width. Using these, a text can be separated into two columns.
You can learn more amazing People’s Skills of MS Office through the MS Office course offered by Synergy, a powerful arm of the CADD Centre for Technical Training and Development.